"My hope for you is that you conclude this year with a healthy dose of self-love, self-compassion, and self-care. I believe in you!"
Karlee believes psychotherapy is a creative collaboration that promotes unification of mind, body, and spirit and improves one’s quality of life. Karlee works with individuals who are dealing with life changes, emotional difficulties, relationship problems, and various psychological conditions.
Karlee’s therapeutic approach blends Somatic & Attachment Focused Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), Mindfulness, Meditation, Breathwork, Yoga, Inner Child Work, Spirituality, Aromatherapy, energy psychology, and other holistic approaches. Additional specialties include Emotional Freedom Technique and Neuro-linguistic Programming.
Driven by a deep commitment to helping others toward health and happiness, Karlee will help guide you through emotional healing, unresolved childhood trauma, life transitions, mental blocks, and unfulfilling relationship patterns. Karlee’s goal is to help you define what you truly want, and then help you manage the obstacles that get in your way.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE
Karlee’s education includes a Masters of Science degree in Clinical Counseling from Bellevue University in 2012, completion of her graduate school practicum at The Relief Nursery of Lane County’s Therapeutic Early Childhood Program, coupled with a Clinical Internship at Serenity Lane, a residential dual diagnosis treatment center.
Karlee has gained critically valuable and extensive behavioral health skills while working in a variety of settings throughout her professional career, including outpatient and inpatient mental health settings, residential and outpatient addiction treatment settings, sexual assault support services, crisis response, community mental health, private practice, and community based work.
Karlee is a cutting edge mental health practitioner who brings a diverse skill set and in-depth knowledge to her practice.
In order to maintain her license, Karlee participates regularly in continuing education and training, taking courses that are relevant and meaningful to the process of therapy.
As a Licensee of the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists, Karlee abides by its code of ethics.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed Professional Counselor with the Oregon Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists – License No. C4914
- Trained in Somatic and Attachment Focused Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) 2018
- Mental Health Therapist at Direction Service Counseling Service, Eugene, OR (2014-2017)
- Primary Therapist at Klean Treatment Center, Long Beach, WA (2013)
- Master’s of Science Degree in Clinical Counseling from Bellevue University, Bellevue, WA (2013)
- Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern, Eugene, OR (2012)
- Classroom Assistant & Child Advocate at Relief Nursery of Lane County (2011)
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from University of Oregon, Eugene, OR (2006)
- Crisis Response & Support Group Facilitator at Sexual Assault Support Services (2005)
Professional & Clinical Experience
A curated list of resources I recommend.
See All Books
Trusted & Skilled
The therapists at Ocean Mist Counseling and Wellness are here to help with Unifying the mind, body and spirit to guide you toward Self-fulfillment, happiness, and improved quality of life.
To See If We Would Be A Good Fit, Reach Out!
Karlee is currently only accepting EMDR clients for 6-12 week sessions.